Last year was a definitely a whirlwind of a year for me. There were several rough patches and many bumps along the way that I am still learning to deal with. Just recently in December things finally started looking up, which I am so thankful for! Things are slowly getting better in my personal life. I am very excited for what this year has in store for me so I’ve come up with 7 goals I want to achieve in 2017.
- Begin blogging and stick to it – I started my blog in 2016. I made a few posts and eventually gave up on it altogether. I couldn’t commit to it and had very little motivation to write. I deleted all my previous posts, revamped the whole look of my blog, and decided to start fresh with this post! I really hope to keep up with my blog this year with all new exciting content.
- Live a healthy lifestyle – I’ve been on and off from the gym this past year and have had a very poor diet. In 2017, I hope to workout at least 5 times a week and follow a proper diet so I can finally feel comfortable in my own skin. I love running, but have little endurance. I want to run more this year and set personal records for myself.
- Graduate college – I decided to register for more classes this semester in order to be able to graduate in December 2017. Hopefully I am able to keep up with this increased work load, while juggling my new job. I am pretty confident in this and I am very excited to graduate with my Bachelor’s Degree!
- Increase my Instagram followers – I hope to have 5,000 followers by the end of 2017. I want to increase my online presence in the beauty blogging community and make friends with other bloggers as well.
- Learn new skills – I learn more about photography and writing to further develop my skills to help my blog. I’ve always loved both but always felt I lacked in each one. I hope to learn to take beautiful photos with my new Canon SX530 HS 9779B001 PowerShot and write amazing, attention-catching blog posts!
- Read 3 books – I used to be obsessed with reading when I was much younger. Over the years, I started reading less and less. I found it hard to find the time to pick up a book and completely forgot my love of reading. I miss it and this year I have set the goal of reading 3 books for myself. I’ve already started my first one – Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I want to read it before the movie comes out!
- Grow a garden – I had a garden last year in my backyard. It wasn’t very much and it only had okra in it but it was the first garden I’d ever had. I was so happy and proud of myself when I harvested my first okra from my garden. I want to experience that proud feeling again. I want to grow different vegetables and possibly sunflowers (my favorite flower!). It is so amazing to watch something grow from a tiny little seed in the ground into a beautiful flower or a vegetable you can pick off and eat. The process is absolutely incredible and has taught me to be more nurturing and a lot more patient.
These are my 7 goals for 2017! I am so excited to start fresh with a brand new set of 365 days. I will take it one day at a time and I hope to live in the moment the most that I can. 2016 was difficult for me but the most important thing it has taught me is that everything eventually passes. I can’t wait to get started on these new goals!